Saturday 12 February 2011

Fashion Souk Sunday


The Fashion Souk (a fair trade, vintage, and handmade market in Belfast held once a month) was so successful it outgrew its old home. Sooo, now it has a new home in the Europa Hotel (famous for being the most bombed hotel in Europe...greeeeat). And, since it was so busy and successful, they've split it into two days: The HOME Souk is now one Saturday a month, and The FASHION Souk is now one Sunday a month. Next month, I'll be participating in the Home Souk, leaving my accessories at home, and instead I'll have all my acrylic artwork, pillows, potpourri pouches, etc on display.

A few things on display: rings, earrings, brooches, clutch purses, necklaces, headbands...etc.

Thanks to an old and huge picture frame that I found in our attic, I displayed my necklaces and bracelets off to the side of the table, providing us with much more room!
I just backed the frame with cardboard and a pretty layer of olive green felt- accented with a nice owl logo.

Find #1 of the day!! After I made some money from selling some of my own items, I walked around the Souk and viewed other booths and I found this cute and casual dress with pockets and sparrows!! At it was only a fiver! (Five pounds...five bucks..)

Also a fiver: dress #2! Vintage, adorable, and from England.


This nice scarf was FREE. Vintage and lovely olive green.

And this cozy little beauty was only four pounds.
It will keep my ears nice and warm in this cool UK climate!

All in All: I made a decent profit: more than paid for the price of the booth, found some cute vintage dresses for a really low price, and I'm excited to sew sew sew during the free minutes here and there this month in anticipation for March's Home Souk!

No comments:

Post a Comment