Saturday 12 February 2011

Furniture Bargain!!

 Okay people, this was one fantastic Saturday!!!

 I went walking around Belfast and visiting a few of my favorite craft and fabric shops to pick up a few supplies.  In the mean time, a small miracle happened: my husband spotted a cute crafty/vintage shop and said "Hey, do you want to go in?"  (This is semi-miraculous because my husband doesn't usually suggest additional vintage or craft shops for me to visit, because he knows it may take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours before I exit the store.) This little place was called Crafty Belfast, I believe, (I may have to double check that ...) and it was an amazing little store!! Stuffed with new and old, handmade, vintage, beautiful, odd, unique, affordable, expensive... you name it. Just crammed to the rafters with COOLness.  Beautiful.

I noticed inside that they had a few items that I've seen floating around Etsy. I spoke with the owner, chatted her up a bit, and she said she'd love if I brought some of my stuff by and she'd gladly sell it for me there! Also, I gave her my info because she said they occasionally need extra part time staff. 


The highlight of the day, *drum roll please* was finding a beautiful little vintage piece of furniture that is in need of a good home:


    
 Its a beautiful little piece: sturdy seat and legs, complete wicker back, and a table/storage area. 


As you can see, it needs some TLC.
The door is currently detached: I'll need to replace the hinges. 
But it has a magnetic closure that is still working. 
I'll sew up a little square cushion- probably floral design. 

I like the color, but the paint job will need to be re-done. 
I don't like the rough stencil spray paint job they did on the front door.
I may keep it a solid color, or perhaps add some Victorian swirls, or perhaps some birds. 

On the box's side, there is a poorly done chalk board area
announcing someone's salon opening. 
That will be repainted as well. 

This is Olive Owl Art's first vintage furniture purchase! What a marvelous find! 
I got it for a good price (which I won't disclose), 
and I can't wait to 'flip it'!

If the repairs all go according to plan, you will see it 
for sale at The Home Souk on the 5th of March! 
Europa Hotel, 11am to 5pm!


And what made my day even brighter?
My first haggling! 
I asked the lady if I could have the keys thrown in for the cost of just the furniture alone, 
and YES!!! I basically got the keys for free!
Two thumbs up for my successful haggling!!


They're beautiful keys, too! Vintage metal- great condition, and large: about 4 inches or so. 

I now have about 5,000 ideas running through my head, so I'm off to create some wonderful new items!  
Check out Olive Owl Art's Etsy shop!

2 comments: