Thursday 17 February 2011

Royal Order

Occasionally I'm lucky enough to have one of my items found and listed in an Etsy Treasury.  I've been told by many people that it can take quite a while to be 'discovered' via Etsy and online shops, so every time I have something chosen for a treasury, I get a little extra excited!  I've had yellow rose earrings listed under a Warm & Sunny Treasury, and my Heart Love Note pillows listed in a Valentine's Day treasury.  A few days ago, I had my Couples Silhouette Pillows listed in a wedding treasury!!
Usually, being listed in a treasury results in slightly higher traffic to my page, perhaps a few of my items being added as favorites, and occasionally it might result in a sale.    Recently, I had the most unusual and exciting result from being listed in a treasury.  It was an Etsy Admin who added my Silhouette Pillows to the Wedding Treasury.  She then contacted me asking if I had any orders ready that I could ship to her for a Etsy photo shoot in Berlin!! While I was flattered, all my silhouette pillows are custom orders:  I don't and can't make them until someone orders them and sends me photos of their face profile.  I asked the Etsy Admin if she would like me to remake the silhouette pillows she saw online (of my brother and sister in law, Ty & Hannah) and she replied with the idea of, since its a UK treasury centered around weddings, why don't I make a set of pillows based loosely on the wedding of "Kate & Wills".  Of course, I said something along the lines of "HECK YES, I will make you some royal wedding silhouette pillows for your Etsy photo shoot in Berlin!!!!"

At Camp Shamrock (a Christian outreach camp for youth ages 8 to 16 in Tollymore Forest) last year, I saw an old tea towel which featured the faces of Charles and Diana.  Having grown up in the US where we simply don't have Royalty to swoon over, I found it hilarious that commemorative tea towels would be produced for the Royal wedding back in 1981. Since then, I've discovered that its not strange at all over here to go all out for Royal weddings! In fact, I recently saw a report showing airline sales for tickets to the UK have gone up dramatically during April: the date for Prince William's wedding.

Soooo, thats one of my next projects!  I never thought I'd be making silhouette pillows with royal faces on them!

Link to my original Silhouette pillows: http://www.etsy.com/listing/48210983/personalized-silhouette-pillows-two

4 comments:

  1. that is so freakin cool! well done cassie :) luv, laura (allen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! that is so awesome!!!!! huzzah! :)
    you rock casio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter's extraordinary talents are finally being recognized appropriately! I'm proud of you Cas! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! That is the greatest! And Robin, I do agree your daughter has some extraordinary talents.

    ReplyDelete